4.10.2008

March 25, 2008 - Second life again (or is it third?)

I went to see the oncologist today...I felt my body go limp as he began..."Hello! I have seen your results and how can I help you? Seems like you are here just for a follow-up. The pulmonologist had a question about your results but those are consistent with your history. I don't think that's anything. If you want, we can do a biopsy or do scans every 6 months."

Months and weeks of agony, intense pain at the old surgery site seemed to ebb away as I drove away crying with relief. I remember a scene from a long time ago....a lady coming out of an oncologist's office when I was undergoing chemotherapy. She was crying...I always wonder why...I will never forget her...had her cancer come back? What had the doctor told her? I had been in a similar situation and I hope that her's turned out the way mine did.

No comments: